Singapore – Beach House Kids, a division of Beach House Pictures (BHP), is embarking on a new and very scary project.
The multi-award winning production company has secured exclusive rights to the hit kids horror books Mr Midnight written by James Lee.
The series, now totalling 85 titles and more than 160 stories, gives a unique and contemporary spin to ghosts, ghoulies and other things that go bump, rattle and roll in the night.
Described as Asia’s own Harry Potter, Mr Midnight has sold more than 2.7 million copies across the region including Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Indonesia. It has been translated into over six languages, and is rolling out to other markets, including Australia and North America in the coming year.
Beach House Kids, which this year won three Rainbow Awards and also a nomination at the upcoming Asian Television Awards for Kids vs. Film (Discovery Kids Asia), is already at work developing an initial 13-part television series aimed at tweens. It is also discussing co-production partnerships with several international broadcasters.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020