Los Angeles, California – Showtime has picked up a second season of the critically-acclaimed new drama series The Affair and a fifth season of the Emmy® and Golden Globe®-winning hit series Homeland, to air 10 and 12 new episodes respectively in 2015. The announcement was made by David Nevins, President, Showtime Networks Inc. Season-to-date, Homeland season four is averaging six million weekly viewers across platforms – steadily building momentum and growing in each of its last three weeks. On pace to be the network’s most time-shifted original series, The Affair is averaging 3.9 million weekly viewers across platforms. The series has grown consistently every single week since its premiere, with 87 percent of the show’s audience tuning-in after the original telecast.
“In its fourth season, Homeland has brilliantly reinvented itself. It continues to capture the attention of a devoted fan base, and has provided an enviable platform for the successful launch of The Affair,” said David Nevins. “With thought-provoking, relevant and addictive storylines, both series have been embraced, dissected and much debated week after week. We’re excited to see more from these complex shows in 2015,” he added.
The buzz for Homeland’s rebooted fourth season continues to grow, as Carrie Mathison (Emmy, SAG and Golden Globe Award winner Claire Danes) continues to fight the war on terror on the front lines while working as Chief of Station at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. Her mission pulls her into the complex dichotomy between international diplomacy and clandestine operations. The series also stars Emmy and Tony® Award winner Mandy Patinkin, Emmy nominee Rupert Friend, Tracy Letts, Laila Robins and Nazanin Boniadi. Produced by Fox 21, the series was developed for American television by Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon, and is based on the original Israeli series Prisoners of War by Gideon Raff. Along with Gansa, Gordon and Raff, the executive producers for season four are Alexander Cary, Chip Johannessen, Meredith Stiehm, Avi Nir, Ran Telem and Lesli Linka Glatter.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,540 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 114 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020