Hong Kong – TAT Productions and Master Films’ The Jungle Bunch to the Rescue! is taking another step forward on its quest to become a global phenomenon. PGS Entertainment announced that Turner Broadcasting’s co-viewing family channel Boomerang has acquired pay TV rights to the series in Europe and Southeast Asia. The announcement was made by Guillaume Soutter, President, PGS Entertainment.
The Jungle Bunch to the Rescue! is already available in 180 territories via licensing deals with such broadcasters as France 3, Rai, TVE, ABC Australia, Super RTL, and many more. Boomerang will expand this global pay TV footprint by adding the series on its channels in Europe (UK, France, Benelux, Italy, Nordics and Eastern Europe) and Southeast Asia (including but not limited to Philippines, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Mongolia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Tahiti, Thailand and Vietnam and Taïwan).
“We are excited to be partnering with PGS to introduce our audiences to the award-winning The Jungle Bunch property through Boomerang’s channels across Europe and Southeast Asia,” said Cecilia Persson, Vice President of Acquisitions & Co-Production, EMEA International Turner Broadcasting System Europe. “We recognise that our viewers want diverse, high-quality content and this franchise delivers original and funny characters that will resonate with our young viewers, as well as provide entertainment that the whole family can enjoy. The Jungle Bunch also conveys positive messages of friendship and diversity, showcased through light-hearted story lines that are both relevant and valuable to our viewers.”
“From the beginning, it’s been the quality of the storytelling and the completely engaging characters in The Jungle Bunch that have contributed to its incredible success,” said Guillaume Soutter. “We are excited to have the show joining Boomerang, which will extend our viewership on an amazing platform for kids and families.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020