North America Leadership Team announces new Joint Venture
In a series of announcements made, it was confirmed that Cris Abrego and Charlie Corwin will serve as Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs North America of the new joint venture, which brings together Endemol, Shine Group and CORE Media. In their new roles, Abrego and Corwin will continue to report to Tim Hincks, President of the global multi-platform content provider, and will continue to spearhead day-to-day operations across Endemol’s operations in the U.S., in addition to assuming responsibility for Shine America upon completion of the transaction.
Peter Hurwitz will oversee CORE Media as President.
“Cris and Charlie are exceptionally creative entrepreneurs and leaders who are tremendously respected by the creative community, partners, and colleagues alike,” said Sophie Turner Laing and Tim Hincks. “Together with Peter we couldn’t ask for stronger executives to spearhead the venture’s US operations into a new phase of creativity and growth.”
“We are thrilled by the opportunity to grow these businesses, both creatively and commercially,” said Cris Abrego and Charlie Corwin. “Having been part of the team that has laid such a strong foundation over the past few years it’s been a privilege to work alongside the most creative, innovative and driven talent and executives in the business; and we’re excited about where we collectively can take this new venture.”
“This is a transformative time in our industry. The new venture will be a magnet for creative talent and presents huge opportunities for the future growth of CORE,” said Peter Hurwitz, President, CORE Media.
It was also announced that Rich Ross, CEO of Shine America, will leave to take up a new industry position and departs the company at the end of this month. Shine Group CEO, Alex Mahon will undertake day-to-day responsibilities for Shine America until the new joint venture is formed.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020