Manila – KIX, an action entertainment channel in Asia, announced that it will be the exclusive regional pay TV broadcaster for Pacific Xtreme Combat (PXC), the Filipino mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion. KIX will broadcast PXC across Asia on more than 23 pay TV platforms in 7 countries. KIX will air the latest PXC event starting in December.
“KIX and PXC are a perfect match. KIX showcases the best MMA events from around the world so it is an ideal platform to bring Philippines’ top MMA promotion to the rest of Asia. And PXC’s fans are exactly the type of audience that would love the intense action programmes we show on KIX,” said Betty Tsui, Vice President of Programming of KIX & Thrill for Celestial Tiger Entertainment.
“PXC is very selective with partners and approach, and KIX presents an excellent opportunity for PXC to further expand and grow,” said EJ Calvo, CEO of Pacific Xtreme Combat.
Founded in Guam in 2004 and later expanded to the Philippines, PXC has hosted more than 45 professional MMA events, pitting Pinoy fighters against fighters from around the world. Among its roster of top local fighters are championship contenders Ernesto Montilla Jr. (flyweight) and Glen Ranillo (lightweight), and fierce female warrior Gina Iniong. PXC fights air in the Philippines on free TV channel Sports 5 (TV5).
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 73 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 72 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 60 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 38 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020