First ever Chinese version of reality blockbuster set to debut on Youku Tudou Inc., the country’s number one digital video platform with over 500,000,000 active users across screens, annually generating over 200 billion views
Endemol, a company of multiplatform entertainment, announced that it is partnering with China’s digital video platform Youku Tudou Inc. to launch the first ever Chinese version of global reality hit Big Brother.
The new series will be a collaboration between Youku Tudou Inc. and Endemol China. Both parties will contribute their strengths to the co-operation, including Youku’s strong digital platforms, its advertising and interactive capabilities and Endemol its production expertise and international distribution network. Launching in Early 2015, Big Brother China will run for ten weeks and production is expected to begin soon.
Endemol’s CEO of Asian Operations Arjen van Mierlo commented, “We’re thrilled to announce this landmark deal with Youku Tudou Inc., bringing a format that has changed the face of television to China for the first time. In a market that annually generates hundreds of billions of video views, partnering with the number one digital video platform will allow us to bring Big Brother to a young audience and deliver the most immersive, interactive and unique experience to fans across the nation.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020