First ever Chinese version of reality blockbuster set to debut on Youku Tudou Inc., the country’s number one digital video platform with over 500,000,000 active users across screens, annually generating over 200 billion views
Endemol, a company of multiplatform entertainment, announced that it is partnering with China’s digital video platform Youku Tudou Inc. to launch the first ever Chinese version of global reality hit Big Brother.
The new series will be a collaboration between Youku Tudou Inc. and Endemol China. Both parties will contribute their strengths to the co-operation, including Youku’s strong digital platforms, its advertising and interactive capabilities and Endemol its production expertise and international distribution network. Launching in Early 2015, Big Brother China will run for ten weeks and production is expected to begin soon.
Endemol’s CEO of Asian Operations Arjen van Mierlo commented, “We’re thrilled to announce this landmark deal with Youku Tudou Inc., bringing a format that has changed the face of television to China for the first time. In a market that annually generates hundreds of billions of video views, partnering with the number one digital video platform will allow us to bring Big Brother to a young audience and deliver the most immersive, interactive and unique experience to fans across the nation.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020