Singapore – The finalists for the 19th Asian Television Awards (ATA) were announced by organising publication Television Asia Plus.
239 nominees, across 38 categories, span 13 countries have made the cut to compete for glory at the 19th Annual Presentation of the region’s most prestigious industry awards. The results were tabulated and audited by international auditing firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Leading the pack, with multiple nominations across several categories, are Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, FOX International Channels, and MediaCorp.
The winners will be announced at the Awards gala ceremony at Asia’s most spectacular destination – Marina Bay Sands, Singapore on 11 December.
Additionally, Larry Namer, President and CEO of Metan Global Entertainment Group will receive the Award for Outstanding Contribution to Asian Television. Namer is an entertainment industry veteran with more than 40 years of professional experience in cable television, live events and digital media. He is the founding partner of Metan, a venture created to develop and distribute entertainment content and media specifically for the China market.
He is also the co-founder of E! Entertainment Television, a company now valued at over US$3.5 billion, and the creator of several successful companies, including Comspan Communications that pioneered Western forms of entertainment in the former Soviet Union and Steeplechase Media that served as the primary consultant to Microsoft’s MiTV (Interactive Television).
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020