London – Format distributor, Small World IFT, part of Content Media Corporation, confirmed that it has sold the format for the family entertainment series The Fan to Sky 1 in the UK and Ireland.
Entitled The Fanatics the 8 x 60’ series will be produced by Sony Pictures Television’s Victory Television. Making its UK and Irish debut later next year, The Fanatics will be hosted by Baz Ashmawy.
Originally devised in Thailand by Work Point Entertainment, the format was also previously a hit on Sweden’s TV4, where it aired under the title Fantasterna and was produced by Baluba. Small World IFT launched the format internationally after it became the most awarded game show in Asian TV history.
Small World President, Tim Crescenti, said, “This is a fan-damn-tastic format which we know is going to be a big hitter. It has been a huge success in Thailand and has already sold to a number of big territories across Europe. We are sure that UK and Irish audiences will enjoy seeing these true fanatics fighting it out the only way they know how – by knowing an awful lot about the one thing they hold most dear to their hearts – whatever that may be.”
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020