Mumbai – After enthralling viewers for over 3 years, COLORS’ family drama Sasural Simar Ka has now achieved the 1000-episode milestone. The completion of this landmark marks a hat trick for COLORS whose shows like Balika Vadhu and Uttaran have also reached the million mark. Celebrating this achievement, the team of Sasural Simar Ka has joined hands with Hong Kong Tourism Board to present a special shoot and audience engagement initiative which brings about an incredible twist in the lives of the lead protagonist Simar and her estranged husband Prem.
Sasural Simar Ka has received constant ratings since the show first launched in April 2011. The show has raked in an average of 4.6 TVTs with 86 weeks as the leader in the 7.30pm time slot. The success of the show has ensured that the show has been syndicated across domestic and international markets in over 10 languages. To thank the audience for their endless support, COLORS has introduced a contest that promises to enhance viewer engagement. The contest questions will be put forth before viewers during the 1000 episode celebratory week. The winner will win an all-expense paid trip to Hong Kong courtesy Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Speaking about reaching the millennium mark, Prashant Bhatt, Weekday Programming Head – COLORS said, “The response that Sasural Simar Ka has received consistently over the past three years from viewers across the globe has been gratifying. We have focused our efforts on identifying the pulse of the audience who have showcased their support through the spectacular ratings that Sasural Simar Ka has garnered. The show started off as the journey of two endearing sisters and has today become an iconic property that forms the learning ground for family values. The show’s success reiterates our belief in our partners, for not only Sasural Simar Ka but also Balika Vadhu and Uttaran, whose faith in us has paved the way for some blockbuster television offerings.”
As the Sasural Simar Ka team heads to Hong Kong along with the lead cast members Simar (Deepika Samson), Prem (Dheeraj Dhoopar), Surbhi (Neha Iyer) and Vikrant (Aadesh Choudhary), they have shot in the most scenic and exotic locales which promise to create magic on the small screen. Some of the locations that the team has filmed at include Hong Kong Airport, Park Hotel, Harbour Grand, Times Square, Virgo Cruise, Big Bus, Victoria Peak and Lantau Link Viewing Platform among others. What transpires during their sojourn in Hong Kong promises to increase audience anticipation while raising the quintessential ‘Will They? – Won’t They?’ question amongst viewers.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 32 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 32 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020