Singapore – The Media Development Authority (MDA) has launched the Digital TV Assistance Scheme to help eligible low-income households switch to digital TV. The Assistance Scheme package includes a free digital TV set-top box, an indoor antenna and installation. Each eligible household is entitled to one Assistance Scheme package.
“The Digital TV Assistance Scheme helps low-income households switch to digital TV so that they can continue to enjoy MediaCorp free-to-air TV programmes when we eventually switch from analogue to digital terrestrial TV broadcast, with added benefits of better picture quality, a choice of subtitles in different languages, and an electronic programme guide for broadcast schedules. Over 160,000 households that meet the qualifying criteria are expected to benefit from the scheme,” said MDA Chief Executive Officer, Ms Koh Lin-Net.
The Digital TV Assistance Scheme will be implemented alongside the progressive roll-out of MediaCorp’s Digital TV network. Seven estates in Singapore are now lighted up and can receive digital broadcast signals using indoor antennae. The estates are Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Ang Mo Kio, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Bukit Panjang and Chua Chu Kang South. The public may refer to MediaCorp’s rollout map at http://www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv to check when their estates will be lighted up.
MDA has worked with various agencies, such as the Housing and Development Board (HDB), Ministry of Social and Family Development, Ministry of Health, People’s Association and self-help groups to identify eligible households. One or two-room HDB rental flat dwellers and recipients of Comcare, SINDA, Mendaki and CDAC assistance who meet the eligibility criteria have been automatically included in the Assistance Scheme. They do not need to apply and will receive information on their Assistance Scheme package when their estates are lighted up. 24,000 auto-included households in the seven lighted-up estates will be receiving letters from MDA over the next few days.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020