The Polish channel TVN, controlled by the TVN S.A. Group acquired two popular miniseries from Globo: Xingu and Bald Mountain. Available on satellite, cable, digital and analogue television, the channel should soon broadcast both titles, which tell very revealing stories about Brazil. Xingu and Bald Mountain are part of the catalogue featured by the Brazilian network on the MIPCOM 2014.
Featuring four chapters in HD, Xingu is the true saga of the Villas Bôas brothers, Claudio, Orlando and Leonardo, who fought for the rights of Brazilian Indians and their culture. Produced by director Fernando Meirelles (City of God and The Constant Gardener), the plot was a hit in Brazil, reaching average ratings of 16 points and a share of 41% (Source: Ibope). Xingu tells the tale of how these three brothers embarked on a heroic adventure across the unknown Brazilian countryside. Surrounded by stunning natural wonders, they come into contact with isolated tribes, falling in love with the Indian culture and leaving behind a legacy that saves thousands of native Brazilians: the Xingu National Park.
Also with four chapters in HD, Bald Mountain features a trip into the largest open-cast mine of modern times, which attracted several gold-diggers to the Amazon region in the 1980s. Directed by Heitor Dhalia (À Deriva), the miniseries tells the story of Juliano and Joaquim arriving in the Amazon forest filled with dreams and illusions, like many others before them. But their obsession with wealth and power ultimately became their downfall. Juliano becomes a gangster and Joaquim abandons his values and principles. A total of 1,600 extras were used as camp workers to recreate this gold-rush tale of greed, violence and the end of a great friendship.
The Bald Mountain cast includes actor Wagner Moura (Tropical Paradise), globally known for his roles in the films Elite Squad and Elysium.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020