Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), the operator of the bouquet of pan-Asian channels dedicated to Asian entertainment, announced that its classic Chinese movie channel, Celestial Classic Movies (CCM), will launch on Astro, Malaysia’s pay TV platform and Kristal Astro in Brunei in November.
CCM will be made available on Astro and NJOI, reaching 4.2 million households in Malaysia and Brunei. To serve this broader audience and to ensure that its content is relevant to the audience, CCM’s movies will include Bahasa Malaysia subtitles.
“We are very excited to partner with Astro to bring Celestial Classic Movies to audiences in Malaysia and Brunei. With this carriage, CCM is now in almost every country in Southeast Asia. Furthermore, we are glad that Astro agrees with us on the potential of CCM, particularly the vast line-up of Kung Fu movies, to reach beyond the Chinese segment and cater to a broader audience in Malaysia and Brunei,” said Ofanny Choi, Executive Vice President, TV Networks, Celestial Tiger Entertainment.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020