Australia’s Network Ten selects Dejero Bonded Wireless Transmitters
Waterloo, Ontario – Dejero announced that Network Ten has deployed 13 portable Dejero LIVE+ 20/20 Transmitters to enable live coverage of breaking news throughout Australia. The transmitters offer Network Ten a highly portable, reliable, and cost-effective means of acquiring broadcast-quality video from locations that are inaccessible by microwave vehicles or are simply too far away for trucks to reach in a timely manner.
“In a continent as vast as Australia, covering news when and where it’s happening can be a real challenge,” said Glen Bathie, broadcast control and communications supervisor, Network Ten. “If news is breaking in a remote region hundreds of miles away from our broadcast centres on the East Coast, the story might be over long before a truck can get to the scene. The LIVE+ 20/20 Transmitters provide a highly reliable, yet compact solution that has increased the flexibility and range of our newsgathering.”
After an extensive evaluation of bonded wireless systems, Network Ten chose the LIVE+ 20/20 Transmitter because of its extremely rugged and portable form factor and superior picture quality, even in the most challenging conditions. “It was critical that we choose a solution that can produce results even in areas with marginal cellular coverage. Dejero’s ability to hold together a transmission when on the fringes of reception really sets it apart from other solutions,” Bathie added.
Network Ten has assigned a pair of LIVE+ 20/20 Transmitters to each of its metro stations located throughout Australia. Dejero LIVE+ Broadcast Servers are deployed into each of these Network Ten broadcast centres to receive the remote transmissions and process them for air.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 75 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 54 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020