Airbus Defence and Space and MEASAT-3b concludes in-orbit trials
Airbus Defence and Space, the world’s second largest space company, has successfully concluded in-orbit trials with MEASAT-3b. One month after launch, the satellite is now ready to enter commercial service and has been officially handed over to its operator, MEASAT.
Since MEASAT-3b was launched by Ariane 5 on 11 September, Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse has been leading the Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) operations and carrying out in-orbit trials. Tests on the telecommunications payload were carried out at the MEASAT facilities in Cyberjaya, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from where the satellite will be controlled during its operational life, expected to be more than 15 years.
MEASAT-3b is the largest satellite ever to have been ordered by the Asian operator MEASAT. It has been placed in geostationary orbit at 91.5° East, and is co-located with MEASAT-3 and MEASAT-3a satellites. Together, they will make up Asia’s most robust Direct-To-Home (DTH) satellite television neighbourhood. With 48 transponders in Ku band, MEASAT-3b will support demand for video and data services across Malaysia, India, Indonesia and Australia.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 43 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020