Shanghai, China — Microsoft and BesTV announced that Xbox One will officially launch in China on September 29. This is a historic moment for Xbox, Microsoft, BesTV and most importantly gamers and families as Xbox One becomes the first console to launch in China in 14 years.
“After receiving government approval for the first wave of games, we will launch with the first 10 games now and continue our work to bring more blockbuster games and a broad offering of entertainment and app experiences to the platform in the weeks and months to come,” said Enwei Xie, General Manager of Xbox China. “With extraordinary effort and seamless cooperation across parties, we are incredibly excited to deliver Xbox One to fans in China and we welcome them to the Xbox family.”
At launch, games approved for Xbox One in China include digital versions of “Forza Motorsport 5”, “Kinect Sports Rivals,” “Powerstar Golf,” “Zoo Tycoon,” “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood,” “Dance Central Spotlight” from Harmonix, “Neverwinter Online” from Perfect World, Ubisoft’s “Rayman Legends” and “Trials Fusion,” and “Naughty Kitties” from Chinese ID@Xbox developer, Coconut Island. E-Home Entertainment, the Microsoft and BesTV joint venture, has a pipeline of more than 70 titles its working to bring to China, including games like “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” “Killer Instinct,” “Ori and the Blind Forest,” and others from leading publishers including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, 2K, Yingpei Games, Perfect World, Snail Games, Netease, Gamebar and Tencent. Chinese gamers will also be able to look forward to even more titles from independent developers, bringing their content to life via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program. Xbox One games are intended to be available on disc after launch and digitally so gamers can choose the version that’s best for them.
At launch fans will also be able to download apps such as GameFY, Skype, and Game DVR with more experiences coming soon including the BesTV app, music and karaoke, entertainment, social and gaming, fitness and sports apps. Final delivery of the BesTV app and its extensive video and entertainment content is expected soon.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 70 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 68 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 53 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 37 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020