Shanghai, China — Microsoft and BesTV announced that Xbox One will officially launch in China on September 29. This is a historic moment for Xbox, Microsoft, BesTV and most importantly gamers and families as Xbox One becomes the first console to launch in China in 14 years.
“After receiving government approval for the first wave of games, we will launch with the first 10 games now and continue our work to bring more blockbuster games and a broad offering of entertainment and app experiences to the platform in the weeks and months to come,” said Enwei Xie, General Manager of Xbox China. “With extraordinary effort and seamless cooperation across parties, we are incredibly excited to deliver Xbox One to fans in China and we welcome them to the Xbox family.”
At launch, games approved for Xbox One in China include digital versions of “Forza Motorsport 5”, “Kinect Sports Rivals,” “Powerstar Golf,” “Zoo Tycoon,” “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood,” “Dance Central Spotlight” from Harmonix, “Neverwinter Online” from Perfect World, Ubisoft’s “Rayman Legends” and “Trials Fusion,” and “Naughty Kitties” from Chinese ID@Xbox developer, Coconut Island. E-Home Entertainment, the Microsoft and BesTV joint venture, has a pipeline of more than 70 titles its working to bring to China, including games like “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” “Killer Instinct,” “Ori and the Blind Forest,” and others from leading publishers including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, 2K, Yingpei Games, Perfect World, Snail Games, Netease, Gamebar and Tencent. Chinese gamers will also be able to look forward to even more titles from independent developers, bringing their content to life via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program. Xbox One games are intended to be available on disc after launch and digitally so gamers can choose the version that’s best for them.
At launch fans will also be able to download apps such as GameFY, Skype, and Game DVR with more experiences coming soon including the BesTV app, music and karaoke, entertainment, social and gaming, fitness and sports apps. Final delivery of the BesTV app and its extensive video and entertainment content is expected soon.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020