Content creator Talpa from The Netherlands announced its cooperation with Tencent Holdings Limited (“Tencent”, SEHK: 00700), a provider of comprehensive Internet services in China, in developing a suitable reality format for Tencent Video, the company’s online video platform. The parties will work together closely in the preparation and production of the programme, to be launched in 2015.
Talpa’s experience in content creation and local adaptation, combined with Tencent Video’s cross-media integrated platform, rich experience in content promotion as well as its massive user coverage in China, will ensure the content of the programme meets the needs of the Chinese market.
“It is our pleasure to cooperate with Talpa, one of the world’s leaders in TV programme creation,” said SY Lau, Senior Executive Vice President of Tencent and President of its Online Media Group. “We believe that our pioneering and win-win partnership will help meet the increasing demand of online video content in China, bringing more exciting viewing experiences to Chinese Internet users.”
John de Mol added, “Over the years it’s been my experience that, if you have a well-outlined basic idea for a format in this genre, reality generates itself. I am therefore very pleased Talpa has the opportunity to work together with such a great company as Tencent Video to develop and produce an entirely Chinese show that will attract a vast audience.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 51 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020