Content creator Talpa from The Netherlands announced its cooperation with Tencent Holdings Limited (“Tencent”, SEHK: 00700), a provider of comprehensive Internet services in China, in developing a suitable reality format for Tencent Video, the company’s online video platform. The parties will work together closely in the preparation and production of the programme, to be launched in 2015.
Talpa’s experience in content creation and local adaptation, combined with Tencent Video’s cross-media integrated platform, rich experience in content promotion as well as its massive user coverage in China, will ensure the content of the programme meets the needs of the Chinese market.
“It is our pleasure to cooperate with Talpa, one of the world’s leaders in TV programme creation,” said SY Lau, Senior Executive Vice President of Tencent and President of its Online Media Group. “We believe that our pioneering and win-win partnership will help meet the increasing demand of online video content in China, bringing more exciting viewing experiences to Chinese Internet users.”
John de Mol added, “Over the years it’s been my experience that, if you have a well-outlined basic idea for a format in this genre, reality generates itself. I am therefore very pleased Talpa has the opportunity to work together with such a great company as Tencent Video to develop and produce an entirely Chinese show that will attract a vast audience.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020