Kuala Lumpur – MEASAT Global Berhad (“MEASAT”) announced the successful launch of the MEASAT-3b satellite. The satellite lifted-off on an Ariane 5 ECA launch vehicle from European Space Port in Kourou, French Guiana at 6.05am MYT (7.05pm GFT).
The launch was witnessed by a group of senior Malaysian government and private sector officials, key MEASAT business partners and a group of four Malaysian secondary school children from SMS Sultan Mahmud Shah secondary school.
The Malaysian Deputy Minister of Communication and Multimedia, YB Dato’ Jailani Johari, who witnessed the launch lauded MEASAT’s success. “MEASAT’s successful procurement and launch of the MEASAT-3b satellite is a great achievement for MEASAT, for Malaysia’s ICT infrastructure, and for the Malaysian space industry. We trust that MEASAT will continue to push the boundaries of both business and technology as they look to become the world’s leading emerging market satellite operator,“ he said.
“MEASAT is delighted with the successful launch of our largest and most advanced satellite to date,” added YBhg. Datuk Umar bin Haji Abu, Chairman, MEASAT Global Berhad. “We thank the Malaysian Ministry of Communications and Multimedia, and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission for their active support, without which this project would not have been possible.”
Over the next few days, the MEASAT-3b satellite will be raised from a geo-transfer orbit into a geostationary orbit at MEASAT’s key 91.5°E video neighbourhood. The satellite will then undergo testing for approximately one (1) month, prior to being brought into commercial operations. MEASAT-3b will co-locate with MEASAT-3 and MEASAT-3a to form one of the region’s most powerful and robust orbital locations.
The launch was broadcasted live to 400 secondary school student students who attended an event held in Malaysia’s National Science Centre with Government of Malaysia officials, business partners, and MEASAT staff.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020