Endemol, the world’s largest independent production company, announced that Marcello Leão Braga has been appointed General Manager of Endemol Brazil.
Marcello was formerly Content Director, FOX International Channels Brazil, responsible for commissioning, development, production and promotion of all local content as well as pursuing and overseeing production partnerships. During his 19 year career he has held numerous senior roles in the Brazilian market, including high ranking marketing positions at companies such as FOX, Hyundai and Mars.
Marcello takes up his position as General Manager of Endemol Brazil with immediate effect and is based at the company’s offices in São Paulo. As General Manager of Endemol Brazil, he reports to Martin Kweller, Endemol’s Creative Director and Operations Director for Latin America.
Martin Kweller commented,: “Marcello is a highly skilled leader with extensive and wide ranging experience in the Brazilian market. He’s the ideal candidate to spearhead Endemol Brazil’s continued growth and I’m thrilled to have him on board.”
Marcello Leão Braga added, “Endemol Brazil continues to build on its success by tapping in to Endemol’s creative network and global portfolio of entertainment content. I very much look forward to working with Martin and the brilliant team here to deliver the next phase of growth.”
Since launching in early 2009 Endemol Brazil has expanded its business year on year, selling local versions of Endemol hits Your Face Sounds Familiar, Extreme Makeover, The Money Drop, Conveyor Belt of Love, Question of Weight and The Last Passenger as well as locally created shows such as Varzea FZ. The company is now one of Brazil’s largest independent producers.
Rio-based joint venture Endemol Globo continues to operate as a separate business, delivering hit shows for Globo based on Endemol formats such as Big Brother, Next One, Step Right Up and Strictly Dancing.
Marcello Leão Braga’s appointment will build on the tenure of former General Manager, Juliana Algañaraz who stepped down in August following a period that saw the launch of some of Endemol Brazil’s biggest hits including Your Face Sounds Familiar (Esse Artista Sou Eu) for SBT, The Brain (Os Incríveis – O Grande Desafio) for FOX and Question of Weight (Além Do Peso) for Record.
Recent deals struck by Endemol Brazil include a second season of The Brain for FOX and a deal to bring comedy YouTube channel Porta Dos Fundos to FOX, with the first series to air later this year.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020