Hong Kong – Regional broadcaster, Channel NewsAsia, in partnership with CSR Asia and Sustainalytics, launched the Channel NewsAsia Sustainability Ranking for Asia’s top businesses at the CSR Summit in Hong Kong.
The first of its kind in Asia, the ranking identifies leading firms in corporate sustainability across ten key Asian economies. The index lists the Top 100 companies with the highest sustainability performance. It also highlights the overall Top 20 companies, and the Top three businesses per economy. Territories covered are China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
Channel NewsAsia 2014 Sustainability Ranking
India’s Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has emerged at the top of the ranking for its focus on water conservation. Rainwater harvesting systems are installed across the buildings it owns, allowing for rapid replenishment of the surrounding groundwater supply. All new offices are also designed in accordance with the LEED Rating System. By 2020, TCS aims to be 100 percent groundwater neutral. City Developments Limited in Singapore is ranked second, followed by Unilever Indonesia Tbk PT.
Debra Soon, Managing Director of Channel NewsAsia, said, “This is the Asian century, and businesses in the region need to be spot on with their processes to be more effective on the global field. This partnership to launch the Channel NewsAsia Sustainability Ranking as a credible and robust instrument will help throw the spotlight on businesses that have excelled in corporate sustainability and spur others to re-examine their positions. This project is yet another initiative that the channel has been forging to facilitate the understanding of Asia’s business climates and cultures through regional events and activities.”
Companies included in the Sustainability Ranking are selected based on research provided by Sustainalytics, an award-winning, global sustainable investment research firm. For the past ten years, Sustainalytics has worked with a variety of international publications to produce robust corporate sustainability ratings and rankings.
Sustainalytics’ analytical framework broadly addresses three themes: environment, social, and governance. Between 75 and 120 indicators were used to assess each company.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.2k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 454 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 73 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 54 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021