Hong Kong – Regional broadcaster, Channel NewsAsia, in partnership with CSR Asia and Sustainalytics, launched the Channel NewsAsia Sustainability Ranking for Asia’s top businesses at the CSR Summit in Hong Kong.
The first of its kind in Asia, the ranking identifies leading firms in corporate sustainability across ten key Asian economies. The index lists the Top 100 companies with the highest sustainability performance. It also highlights the overall Top 20 companies, and the Top three businesses per economy. Territories covered are China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
Channel NewsAsia 2014 Sustainability Ranking
India’s Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has emerged at the top of the ranking for its focus on water conservation. Rainwater harvesting systems are installed across the buildings it owns, allowing for rapid replenishment of the surrounding groundwater supply. All new offices are also designed in accordance with the LEED Rating System. By 2020, TCS aims to be 100 percent groundwater neutral. City Developments Limited in Singapore is ranked second, followed by Unilever Indonesia Tbk PT.
Debra Soon, Managing Director of Channel NewsAsia, said, “This is the Asian century, and businesses in the region need to be spot on with their processes to be more effective on the global field. This partnership to launch the Channel NewsAsia Sustainability Ranking as a credible and robust instrument will help throw the spotlight on businesses that have excelled in corporate sustainability and spur others to re-examine their positions. This project is yet another initiative that the channel has been forging to facilitate the understanding of Asia’s business climates and cultures through regional events and activities.”
Companies included in the Sustainability Ranking are selected based on research provided by Sustainalytics, an award-winning, global sustainable investment research firm. For the past ten years, Sustainalytics has worked with a variety of international publications to produce robust corporate sustainability ratings and rankings.
Sustainalytics’ analytical framework broadly addresses three themes: environment, social, and governance. Between 75 and 120 indicators were used to assess each company.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020