BBC Worldwide to launch English Learning Centres in China
BBC Worldwide announced an agreement with Popular Holdings Limited to launch CBeebies branded English Language Learning centres in mainland China and Hong Kong.
Smart English, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Popular Holdings Limited, will begin its roll out with a headquarters and cluster of Learning Centres in Shanghai followed by Beijing and other major provinces in mainland China and Hong Kong.
The Learning Centres are initially aimed at 3-6 year olds and will use some of CBeebies’ best known and most iconic characters and content to introduce new, fun and effective learning experiences to Chinese pupils.
Pre-school content from programmes such as Sarah & Duck, Numtums, Nina & the Neurons and many others, will feature as part of the new curriculum being developed with Popular by English language learning specialists. These much-loved characters will be used in lesson materials to bring learning to life echoing the brand’s “Lighting Up Little Learners” ethos.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020