Singapore – The record-breaking global hit “Got Talent”, co-owned by FremantleMedia and Syco Entertainment, is set to extend its search for talent further than ever following Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks, Asia’s commission of Asia’s Got Talent, a pan-Asian version of the hit format.
Asia’s Got Talent will debut in early 2015 on AXN, the number one English general entertainment channel in Asia, which spans 20 territories, including South East Asia, South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Production for Asia’s Got Talent will commence this month and will be open to contestants across Asia. The series will scout for talent across 13 countries in Asia, with auditions planned in major cities including Jakarta, Indonesia; Singapore; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Manila, Philippines; and Bangkok, Thailand.
Hui Keng Ang, senior vice president and general manager of Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia said, “As the trailblazer in high quality local productions, Asia’s Got Talent furthers our commitment to creating engaging content that truly resonates with audiences across the region. We look forward to providing aspiring Asian performers with an incredible international platform to showcase their talent. The next Asian star is about to be discovered on AXN!”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 340 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 66 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020