Philippines – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia announced on August 13 the appointment of Dinna Zaratan as its new Philippines Country Manager, effective September 1. In this role, Zaratan will oversee the operations of the Philippines office, across Viacom’s MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central brands, while developing the long-term strategic plan in the Philippines. Zaratan will report to Tan Chee Kiat (CK), Chief Operating Officer, VIMN Asia, working closely with him to seek out new opportunities that will bring VIMN’s presence in this key market to the next level, while tasked to bring in new revenue streams from the Philippines.
“We are well positioned to accelerate the growth of our brands’ presence in the Philippines, as we continue to extend our product offering by bringing new channels into the market. Coupled with our focus to deliver more localised content to our audiences, which we have done with the entry of MTV Pinoy, I am excited about the leadership Dinna will bring to the position that signals the importance and growing commitment Viacom International Media Networks Asia has towards the Philippines,” said Tan. “She is a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of consumer demand. Added with her wealth of advertising and media experience in the Philippines, we believe these are the qualities that will lead us to further expand our presence and help serve our affiliates, licensees and clients better in the Philippines.”
Formerly with Zenith Optimedia, Zaratan brings with her nearly two decades of experience in the advertising and media industry. Most recently, she completed her two-year tenure at Zenith Optimedia as a Division Head and the head of Nestle Philippines account. Prior to that, she was the Programming Director and Head of Content and Communications at FIC, where she led the team to programme the Philippines feed with the support of each local channel head. Zaratan was also at MPB Primedia – TV5, MindShare Philippines, Oglivy & Mather Advertising and McCann-Erickson Philippines.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 62 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 58 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 56 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020