LONDON – Shine International announced on August 12 a significant new territory deal for (2 X 60) INXS: Never Tear Us Apart with U.S. Premium Cable Channel Showtime.
In an exclusive collaboration with the band and those who knew them best, the Shine Australia-produced drama INXS: Never Tear Us Apart tells for the first time the extraordinary and uncensored story of INXS, who, with over 30 million records sold worldwide, are one of Australia’s most successful rock bands ever.
The band enjoyed huge popularity in the U.S. in the late 1980’s, where their album Kick charted at number three, produced four U.S. top 10 singles and went six times platinum.
Delivering huge ratings on its premiere for Network Seven in Australia episode, one achieved a consolidated audience of 2.24 million viewers. Both episodes ranked as the highest rated show of the day and prompted all 10 albums re-entering the iTunes chart overnight. With an accumulative audience of over 5 million viewers across both nights, INXS: Never Tear Us Apart is currently the top rated Australian drama of 2014.
Nadine Nohr, CEO, Shine International said, “I’m delighted Showtime is bringing such an extraordinary tale to U.S. audiences, a country where the band still has so many fans.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020