MP & Silva appointed official media rights partners
Singapore – MP & Silva was appointed August 18 by the Saudi Arabia Football Federation as the official media rights partners for the 2014 Gulf Cup of Nations – the Arabian football competition that will take place on Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, from 13 to 26 November 2014. The agreement formalised with the tournament’s organisers allows MP & Silva, on an exclusive basis, to distribute the Gulf Cup media rights to all devices and platforms, covering all territories domestically and internationally. The partnership also includes exclusive production and sponsorship rights.
In the last 15 years the tournament has dramatically enjoyed increased stadium attendance, increased TV audience and worldwide attention. This 2014 Gulf Cup edition will have 8 competing nations: Bahrain, Iraq, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (host), United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
The addition of the 2014 Gulf Cup to MP & Silva’s extensive media rights portfolio reaffirms the agency’s market leadership in the distribution of sports content. MP & Silva has secured in less than 5 years a prominent position in the MENA region, and holds the exclusive rights of the most prestigious professional sports competitions, such as the Formula 1 and the Barclays Premier League.
Peter Hutton, Joint-CEO, MP & Silva said, “We have been very impressed with the professionalism and speed in which the MENA sports market has been growing over the last decade. We are proud to be part of this process, and the partnership with the Gulf Cup is part of our strategic and long-term commitment to the development of sports in the region.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 66 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021