Japan’s Izukyu Cable enhances its high-speed broadband services
Singapore – ARRIS Group, Inc. announced on July 31 that Izukyu Cable has selected the ARRIS E6000 Converged Edge Router (CER) to enhance its high-speed broadband services. The deployment of the ARRIS E6000 CER is a critical investment by Izukyu Cable to deliver immediate high-performance results, while also positioning them well for the future of DOCSIS 3.1.
Due to the unique topography of Izu Peninsula, where Izukyu Cable Network is located, to date the company has been focused on resolving poor broadcast reception. However, due to increasing competition resulting from the enhancement of the digital broadcasting and the emergence of “Triple Play”, Izukyu Cable decided to deploy the converged edge router for the first time in Japan. By doing so, instead of moving to FTTH, which is costly and is not suited for the topography, Izukyu Cable will be able to enhance performance of its services using its existing HFC infrastructure.
The deployment of the ARRIS E6000 CER is a pivotal point for Izukyu Cable to aggressively enhance high speed internet services as well as telecommunication services and move to DOCSIS 3.1 in the future.
Izukyu Cable is one of a growing list of service providers across the world benefiting from new levels of network capacity and efficiency afforded by the ARRIS E6000 CER – gaining a competitive advantage in delivering today’s services and the scale for driving tomorrow’s video and broadband experiences.
“The ARRIS E6000 CER provides us with a high-availability, high-performance solution with impressive scalability,” said Shogo Ozaki, Cable Life Enhancement Business Unit and Product Development Leader, at Izukyu Cable. “The decision to employ ARRIS E6000 for the first time in Japan is not just about the replacement of a CMTS, It would be challenging for us to move forward with FTTH due to cost and topography; therefore, to be able to utilise HFC is important. The future functionality of DOCSIS3.1 is also attractive. With the new solution, we will push forward with high speed internet and telecommunication services for our customers, which are critical to our business and will encourage everyone in our firm.”
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020