Got Talent format continues its international growth
London – FremantleMedia International (FMI) and Syco Entertainment announced August 27 a brand new multi-year partnership with Clouds Media International for the Kenyan version of the hit Got Talent format. The deal will see Clouds Media International’s subsidiary content firm, Status Communications, produce three series of the reality format, taking the total number of adaptations of Got Talent to an extraordinary 63 versions worldwide. The Got Talent format was created by Simon Cowell and is co-owned and produced by Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia.
The hit format recently celebrated a Guinness World Record-breaking achievement as it officially became The World’s Most Successful Reality TV Format ever. Captivating audiences around the world, the show has been adapted in 63 territories across Africa, the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle-East, Africa and the Americas. As well as the deal for Kenya’s Got Talent, the format has recently seen a new commission in Mexico (TV Azteca).
Anahita Kheder, SVP Middle East, Africa and South Eastern Europe FremantleMedia International, said, “We are thrilled to be working with Clouds Media International and Status Communications to bring Got Talent to Kenya. We are immensely proud of the brand and are delighted that there remains a huge appetite for this fantastic format.”
George Levendis, Head of International for Syco Entertainment said, “The Got Talent format goes from strength to strength and I have no doubt we are sure to see some incredible talent from Kenya and will discover some stars. Welcome to the Got Talent family, Clouds Media!”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 67 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 60 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 59 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 57 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020