Foxtel acquires content from FremantleMedia International
London – FremantleMedia International (FMI) announced on August 6 a colossal distribution deal with Foxtel Australia. The multi-genre package deal will see Foxtel acquire over 450 hours of FMI content for its Bio, History, CI, Lifestyle and Arena channels.
From FMI’s world-class catalogue, Foxtel has acquired a mix of factual content, including the first two seasons of the Ovation Studios production, The Art Of (26 x 30’), which explores creative art forms that fall outside the traditional definition of “art” such as tattoos, sushi and mixology. Other FMI factual titles acquired by Foxtel include the first two seasons of Morgan Spurlock’s A Day in the Life (16 x 30’), which gives a fascinating and exclusive look into 16 very different lives including that of Sir Richard Branson and will.i.am; seasons one and two of Fatal Attraction (33 x 60’) featuring real-life stories of dangerous romances; and Moguls and Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood (7 x 60’) which offers a rare look at the American film industry. Foxtel also renewed its TV rights for Russia’s War: Blood Upon the Snow (10 x 60’), Egypt Unwrapped (8 x 60’), and Secrets of War (13 x 60’).
The package to Foxtel also includes a variety of premium lifestyle titles such as the second season of the Fresh One produced Jamie & Jimmy’s Food Fight Club (4 x 60’). The series features the return of childhood friends Jamie Oliver and Jimmy Doherty, as they embark on another culinary adventure. Other renewals of additional Jamie Oliver programming include Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals (40 x 30’) and Jamie’s Food Escapes (6 x 60’). Foxtel will also premiere the latest season of the long-running property series Escape to the Country season 21 (72 x 60’) and the UK version of Grand Designs season 12 (11 x 60’), both produced by Boundless (part of FremantleMedia UK).
Fashion is right on trend as Foxtel adds the new entertainment competition Project Runway: Under the Gunn (13 x 60’) to its line-up. Hosted by America’s favourite mentor, Tim Gunn, the series features Project Runway alumni Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos, as they try to prove that they have the vision and business intelligence to manage multiple personalities and design visionaries as they mentor 15 new up-and-coming designers. Foxtel will also take the latest season of the Emmy® nominated Project Runway (13 x 60’) as it returns with an all new group of aspiring designers. Each will have to make a lasting impression on judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, and mentor Tim Gunn in order to advance to the next level.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020