ABC Commercial has signed SVOD deals with Hulu and Netflix for three of its programmes – including deals with both platforms for multi award-winning children’s animation The Adventures Of Figaro Pho.
The Adventures Of Figaro Pho
Hulu has also acquired the hit comedy Bess Of Both Worlds (16 x 30’ HD) while Netflix has secured the acclaimed feature documentary, Stop At Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story (1 x 97’ HD), both programmes delivered high ratings in Australia.
The deals for The Adventures Of Figaro Pho demonstrate the affection for a character who could perhaps be the world’s most fearful. Warm-hearted and adorable, Figaro just happens to be afflicted with every possible weird and wonderful phobia. Produced by Chocolate Liberation Front’s Dan Fill and Frank Verheggen, the multi-award winning series The Adventures Of Figaro Pho has picked up animation and design awards around the world including two 2013 Kidscreen Awards (New York), an Australian Academy Award 2013 (ACCTA) and two Asian Television Awards 2013.
The New Adventures Of Figaro Pho is currently in production with Luma Toons, the animation division of leading Visual Effects studio and series partner, Luma Pictures (Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: The Dark World, Underworld: Awakening). It has a strong focus on comedy with a host of characters that kids will love, including Figaro’s dog and best friend, Rivet.
Creator/Director Luke Jurevicius said, “I am thrilled by this announcement on many levels. The fact that it is among the first set of programmes ABC Commercial has sold to Netflix and Hulu is a milestone to remember and I believe these are the perfect platforms to view the series. Hulu and Netflix have accumulated a vast and important audience. I am very proud of what we have created and I can’t wait to see people’s reactions to Figaro’s world.”
“The interest from these major global platforms confirms the broad appeal and quality of the content represented by ABC Commercial and we look forward to the strong results they will generate for both Hulu and Netflix,” said Sharon Ramsay-Luck, Head of Sales and Business Development for ABC Commercial.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020