TVGN and Banijay International enter multi-year distribution agreement
Los Angeles and London – Banijay International has entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement with TVGN (TV Guide Network) to internationally distribute new original series and entertainment programming aired on the U.S. cable network. The agreement gives the London-based distributor access to first-run programming broadcast on TVGN, an entertainment cable network jointly owned by CBS Corporation and Lionsgate.
“Banijay International is a world class distributor that will expand the delivery and reach of our original programming on an international scale,” said David Wisnia, President of Business Operations, TVGN. “We’re pleased to partner with Banijay on bringing TVGN’s new and compelling programming slate to viewers throughout the world.”
Karoline Spodsberg, Managing Director of Banijay commented, “The programming included in this deal will expand our growing finished tape catalogue with a raft of high quality programming that has strong international sales potential. We are delighted to be working with one of the fastest growing cable networks in the U.S. and look forward to launching TVGN’s new programming to our clients in the coming months.”
In addition to the new programming, the deal includes TVGN’s rich back catalogue of over 130 hours, covering both in-house productions and third-party commissions.
It comes as Banijay International makes a strategic expansion into finished programming distribution, building on its position as a leading force in the global formats market. The deal was brokered by Banijay International’s Global Acquisitions Manager, Fanny Baudry.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020