TVGN and Banijay International enter multi-year distribution agreement
Los Angeles and London – Banijay International has entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement with TVGN (TV Guide Network) to internationally distribute new original series and entertainment programming aired on the U.S. cable network. The agreement gives the London-based distributor access to first-run programming broadcast on TVGN, an entertainment cable network jointly owned by CBS Corporation and Lionsgate.
“Banijay International is a world class distributor that will expand the delivery and reach of our original programming on an international scale,” said David Wisnia, President of Business Operations, TVGN. “We’re pleased to partner with Banijay on bringing TVGN’s new and compelling programming slate to viewers throughout the world.”
Karoline Spodsberg, Managing Director of Banijay commented, “The programming included in this deal will expand our growing finished tape catalogue with a raft of high quality programming that has strong international sales potential. We are delighted to be working with one of the fastest growing cable networks in the U.S. and look forward to launching TVGN’s new programming to our clients in the coming months.”
In addition to the new programming, the deal includes TVGN’s rich back catalogue of over 130 hours, covering both in-house productions and third-party commissions.
It comes as Banijay International makes a strategic expansion into finished programming distribution, building on its position as a leading force in the global formats market. The deal was brokered by Banijay International’s Global Acquisitions Manager, Fanny Baudry.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 57 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 40 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 30 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020