SPT Networks, Asia to bring two channels to Hong Kong’s Cable TV
Singapore and Hong Kong – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks, Asia has concluded a deal with Hong Kong’s Cable TV to bring English general entertainment channels Sony Entertainment Television and beTV to its pay-TV service beginning July 29. Both channels join SPT Networks’ entertainment powerhouses AXN and Animax on Cable TV’s basic tier, available to the widest subscriber base out of its more than one million TV services customers.
“Hong Kong boasts one of the highest pay-TV penetration rates in the region, so we are proud to be broadening our channels portfolio in this important market. While Sony Entertainment Television and beTV each offer their own unique blend of programming, viewers will enjoy the same high level of quality that they have come to expect from AXN and Animax,” said Hui Keng Ang, senior vice president and general manager, Networks, Asia, SPT.
“We are rather excited about this expanded agreement with SPT. The carriage of beTV and Sony Entertainment Television will certainly add very interesting new programming dimensions to our pay TV’s flagship entertainment platform, much to the delight of our subscribers,” said Helina Wong, vice president, Subscription Marketing & Sales, Cable TV.
Available on Cable TV channel 31, Sony Entertainment Television serves up entertainment that appeals to discerning females who love their entertainment sassy and fun, with a pinch of mischief. The channel offers first-run and exclusive drama and reality series focused on fashion, lifestyle, design, food, romance and celebrities. Cable TV subscribers will enjoy the pulsating new medical drama series The Night Shift, which is this summer’s top new scripted series on broadcast and cable in the U.S. The drama, which stars Irish heartthrob Eoin Macken and has already been renewed for a second season, airs Sundays at 10.50 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020