Keshet International, the global distribution and production arm of Keshet Media Group, announced on July 3 the broadcaster of its trailblazing interactive talent show Rising Star in Italy. The show will be produced for Mediaset Canale 5, by Toro (Sony Pictures Entertainment Group).
Eight episodes have been commissioned to air during the 2015 season. The deal follows the consistent performance of Rising Star in Brazil and Portugal, where the show has rated circa 30% average share throughout the series and a successful U.S. debut which saw the premiere become ABC’s highest-rated Summer launch since 2011.
Keshet International has closed deals for Rising Star in more than 25 territories since its launch at MIPCOM 2013, making it the fastest-selling talent format on record. Sales include the U.S. (ABC), UK (ITV), Argentina (Telefe), Brazil (Rede Globo), Spain (Atresmedia), Portugal (TVI), Italy (Toro), France (M6 Group) Russia (Rossiya1), Germany (RTL), the Nordics (Nordisk), Hungary (TV2), Ukraine (1+1), Greece (MEGA), Turkey (Acun Medya) and Indonesia (RCTI). Interest in the format continues to grow worldwide following unprecedented ratings for the show’s original series in Israel, the season finale of which peaked with a 58% share of the total domestic audience.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020