Keshet International, the global distribution and production arm of Keshet Media Group, announced on July 3 the broadcaster of its trailblazing interactive talent show Rising Star in Italy. The show will be produced for Mediaset Canale 5, by Toro (Sony Pictures Entertainment Group).
Eight episodes have been commissioned to air during the 2015 season. The deal follows the consistent performance of Rising Star in Brazil and Portugal, where the show has rated circa 30% average share throughout the series and a successful U.S. debut which saw the premiere become ABC’s highest-rated Summer launch since 2011.
Keshet International has closed deals for Rising Star in more than 25 territories since its launch at MIPCOM 2013, making it the fastest-selling talent format on record. Sales include the U.S. (ABC), UK (ITV), Argentina (Telefe), Brazil (Rede Globo), Spain (Atresmedia), Portugal (TVI), Italy (Toro), France (M6 Group) Russia (Rossiya1), Germany (RTL), the Nordics (Nordisk), Hungary (TV2), Ukraine (1+1), Greece (MEGA), Turkey (Acun Medya) and Indonesia (RCTI). Interest in the format continues to grow worldwide following unprecedented ratings for the show’s original series in Israel, the season finale of which peaked with a 58% share of the total domestic audience.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020