Media entrepreneur Neil Court and ZM Capital invest in 9 Story Limited
Toronto, Canada – 9 Story Limited announced on July 13 that ZM Capital and former DHX Media principal and Decode Entertainment co-founder, Neil Court, have made an equity investment in the company, with Court becoming its Executive Chairman. The investment is being made out of ZM Capital II, the latest private equity fund of ZelnickMedia, a New York based investment firm focused on the media and communications sectors. Terms of the transaction, which closed on July 11, were not disclosed.
Vince Commisso, Neil Court and Strauss Zelnick
Vince Commisso continues as President and CEO, and will report to a newly formed board of directors. 9 Story’s existing management team will continue to lead the company, while Court will carry out his Executive Chairman duties from his base in the UK.
Founded in 2002, 9 Story Limited is a creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live-action content for young audiences around the world. The company has over 220 creative and production staff in its Toronto-based studio, and has produced over 900 half hours of quality children’s and family programming. 9 Story distributes over 1600 half hours of content internationally, with popular programmes like Daniel Tiger’s Neighbourhood, Almost Naked Animals and Camp Lakebottom.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020