Denver, Colorado – Liberty Global plc (“Liberty Global” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) announced on July 17 that it has acquired 259.8 million shares in ITV plc (“ITV”) from British Sky Broadcasting Group plc for total consideration of approximately GBP 481 million. As a result of this investment, Liberty Global will own approximately 6.4% of ITV.
Mike Fries, Liberty Global’s Chief Executive Officer, commented: “This is an opportunistic and attractive investment for us in our largest cable market. ITV is the leading commercial broadcaster in the UK and we’re excited to be shareholders.”
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 95 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 72 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 64 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 54 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020