Italy to get fresh new local version of Banijay’s “Temptation Island”
London – Temptation Island, Banijay Group’s reality format, is beginning a new revival around the world as Italian free-to-air broadcaster Canale 5 signs a significant commission for a fresh new local version.
Banijay Group company Ambra Multimedia will produce a 4 x 120’ series in co-production with production house Fascino. Airing weekly on Mediaset network Canale 5, the series will launch in summer 2014.
Created by Chris Cowan and Jean-Michel Michenaud, Temptation Island was a smash hit for U.S. network Fox from 2001. Following that success, it enjoyed a number of high-rating international adaptations in the early 2000s, in over a dozen countries including the UK, Australia, France, Brazil and Russia.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 320 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020