Auckland – Discovery Communications announced on July 3 that it has acquired The Living Channel New Zealand Limited (TLCNZ), which operates New Zealand pay TV channels The Living Channel and Food TV.
Discovery currently distributes two channels through broadcast platform SKY TV – Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. This acquisition further solidifies Discovery’s commitment to the New Zealand market, increasing its presence to a robust four-channel portfolio encompassing factual entertainment and lifestyle.
“Discovery has a proven track record of producing and investing in original factual and lifestyle programming that resonates globally,” said Mandy Pattinson, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific. “Working closely with our partners at SKY TV, the acquisition of The Living Channel and Food TV will provide us with a great opportunity to continue offering viewers the programmes they know and love, as well as original lifestyle and food programming never before seen by New Zealand audiences. We look forward to continuing to work alongside SKY TV on local New Zealand productions to ensure the channels remain uniquely Kiwi.”
The Living Channel (Sky digital 8) is an inspirational, informative and entertaining lifestyle channel with programmes from home renovation, real estate, gardening and celebrity travel genres, and was founded in 2002. Food TV (Sky digital 9) spun off from The Living Channel in 2005, and satisfies the cravings of foodies with programmes from personalities such as Heston Blumenthal, Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 342 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 82 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020