BBC Worldwide sells “Happy Valley” to seven international broadcasters
BBC Worldwide announced that it has sold the popular British drama series Happy Valley to the seven international broadcasters: Australia (ABC); Finland (YLE Finland); France (Canal +); Iceland (RUV); New Zealand (TVNZ); Norway (NRK) and Sweden (SVT).
Starring Sarah Lancashire (Last Tango in Halifax, The Paradise), Happy Valley is a compelling six-part drama written by Sally Wainwright (Last Tango in Halifax,Scott & Bailey). It revolves around the personal and professional life of a hard-working, dedicated police woman (Sarah Lancashire), in a small town where drunkards, drug addicts and teenage pregnancies are a way of life. Her world is turned upside down when the man she thinks is responsible for her daughter’s death – Tommy Lee Royce (James Norton) – is released from prison.
Liam Keelan, Director of Scripted at BBC Worldwide said, “Happy Valley has taken the UK by storm and really showcases the best of British drama. We are very proud to be taking this popular series to audiences around the world to enjoy.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 57 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 40 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 30 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020