ABS-CBN maintains its leading streak in nationwide TV viewing for June
ABS-CBN maintained its leadership in nationwide TV viewing across urban and rural homes in June with an average audience share of 45%, or 13 points higher than GMA’s 32%, according to data from Kantar Media.
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,609 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while the other ratings data supplier AGB Nielsen reportedly has only 1,980 homes based solely in urban areas that represent only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.
The figures for June also showed that more Filipino households nationwide tuned in to ABS-CBN’s shows across all programming blocks.
ABS-CBN’s Umaganda (6am-12nn) scored an average audience share of 39%, while GMA garnered 34%. The musical game show The Singing Bee, which recorded an average national TV rating of 12.9%, continued to spread fun to morning viewers despite new rival Basta Everyday Happy (4.9%).
The Singing Bee
Its early afternoon block (12nn-3pm) obtained 40%, or eight points ahead of GMA’s 32%, while its late afternoon block (3-6pm) gained 42%, or nine points bigger than GMA’s 33%.
The Kapamilya network continued to win the primetime block (6pm-12mn) with an average audience share of 51%, or a whopping 21-point lead over GMA’s 30%. Primetime Bida’s consistent win was driven by high calibre line-up of teleseryes including The Legal Wife which concluded last June 13 with a record high national TV rating of 36.2%. Dyesebel and Ikaw Lamang alternately take the top one and two spots in the most watched programmes list during weekdays.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 47 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020