ABL and MP & Silva renew Arsenal’s media rights and content partnership
London – MP & Silva (MPS) and Arsenal Broadband Limited (ABL), the digital arm of Barclays Premier League club Arsenal FC, have agreed an extension to their existing six year deal, which will now run through until 2018/19. Under the new deal, MP & Silva will continue to distribute the club’s International Programming Block (The Arsenal Media Channel) and remains the club’s strategic media advisor.
The new deal follows on from the announcement earlier this year that in 2013/14 season, MP & Silva delivered a record distribution of the Arsenal Media Channel to 130 territories in 5 continents, covering a potential audience reach of 392 million households in Europe, Asia-Pacific, MENA, Latin America and North America.
The Arsenal Media Channel is the club’s weekly three-hour International Programming block, produced in High Definition, and which consists of delayed match coverage from all domestic competitions, news, interviews and behind-the-scenes club life stories. MP & Silva will continue to distribute this content worldwide, across all platforms, excluding mobile.
The extension cements an extremely strong relationship between the two parties that continues to deliver the broadest possible reach for Arsenal content to its fans across the globe. Under the original deal, MP & Silva had helped Arsenal to establish an in-house production unit, which now creates weekly content for the International Programming Block and across all of Arsenal’s platforms, including social media. In an ever-changing media market, this has enabled Arsenal to create both platform specific and localised content for different markets, which is integral to the club’s domestic and international development strategies.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020