Seven’s “Million Dollar Minute” goes to New Zealand
The Seven Network announced on June 23 Seven Productions’ Million Dollar Minute’s move into New Zealand.
The new game show – created, developed and produced by Seven – has recorded significant audience gains, closing the gap on the incumbent game show on one network and successfully counter-programming against news on another.
The signing represents a significant step in Seven’s plans to expand this format into international markets and follows the recent creation of two international production company ventures for Seven.
Million Dollar Minute will be broadcast on TV3 in New Zealand. TV3 will broadcast this year’s series hosted by Simon Reeve.
“All of us at Million Dollar Minute sense a real buzz about the show as it gains momentum and we continue to see people winning extraordinary amounts of money every week,” Reeve said. “The fact that MDM has now been picked up in New Zealand speaks highly of the format – it is compelling and really entertaining. Life changing wins happen before our eyes on Million Dollar Minute and being around that energy is an adrenalin ride for the contestant, the viewer and the people who work on the show.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020