NHK’s “Battlefield Tokyo” wins at the Monte-Carlo Television Festival
Tokyo – NHK’s drama has won the Prize of The Monaco Red Cross at the Monte-Carlo Television Festival. The announcement was made in Monaco on June 12.
Prize of The Monaco Red Cross
Battlefield Tokyo (2014, 88 min)
On March 10, 1945, the Great Tokyo Air Raid turned the Japanese capital into a sea of flames. Many of the firefighters were youngsters. Some were engineering and medical students whose conscription had been deferred. Others had not even turned 18. Recruited just days before the raid, they were almost untrained and didn’t even know where hydrants were located. This drama tells the story of the youngsters who faced the onslaught of the firebombing and risked their lives to save others amid the tragedy of war.
Recent NHK Wins at Monte Carlo
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020