NHK’s “Battlefield Tokyo” wins at the Monte-Carlo Television Festival
Tokyo – NHK’s drama has won the Prize of The Monaco Red Cross at the Monte-Carlo Television Festival. The announcement was made in Monaco on June 12.
Prize of The Monaco Red Cross
Battlefield Tokyo (2014, 88 min)
On March 10, 1945, the Great Tokyo Air Raid turned the Japanese capital into a sea of flames. Many of the firefighters were youngsters. Some were engineering and medical students whose conscription had been deferred. Others had not even turned 18. Recruited just days before the raid, they were almost untrained and didn’t even know where hydrants were located. This drama tells the story of the youngsters who faced the onslaught of the firebombing and risked their lives to save others amid the tragedy of war.
Recent NHK Wins at Monte Carlo
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 130 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 101 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020