Endemol’s DSP partners with Mars One for worldwide TV event
London – Mars One and multi-award winning factual producer DSP (an Endemol company) announced on June 2 that they have entered an international partnership to screen the mission to send the world’s first one way astronauts to Mars.
DSP becomes the exclusive worldwide production partner for the Mars One astronaut selection and training programme, which will see people from all walks of life undergo one of the most extraordinary and challenging assessment processes ever seen.
705 highly motivated candidates, shortlisted from over 200,000 who applied to become future inhabitants of Mars, will be tested to the extreme as part of an elite training programme run by a panel comprised of pre-eminent scientists, adventurers and astronauts.
In order to qualify for the mission, each individual must demonstrate that they have acquired the intricate knowledge and skills as well as the high levels of psychological and physical performance needed for the most long distance voyage humankind has ever embarked upon.
DSP will document the aspiring pioneers’ astonishing journeys every step of the way in the lead up to the mission, which will see the winners become the first to make the 300 million-mile, one way trip to establish permanent human life on the red planet.
Human settlement on Mars is possible today with existing technologies and Mars One’s mission plan integrates components that are well tested and readily available from industry leaders worldwide. However, no return trip can be made. Instead Mars One will send additional crews every two years to further build the pioneering colony.
With the astronaut selection process already underway, the first instalments of DSP’s landmark production are expected to begin broadcasting around the world in early 2015. Further details and announcements are due to follow soon.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020