Colors launches love story “Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi”
Mumbai – Colors, together with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms is all set to present Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi, a show that addresses the anguish of one-sided love, narrated from the male protagonist’s point of view. Set in present-day Mumbai, the show narrates the story of close friends Ranveer and Ishaani, and talks about the thin line of difference between true friendship, loyalty and unending love. Through its affable characters, Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi showcases the values of a big fat Gujarati family and will premiere on Colors on June 24 and will air every Monday to Friday at 10pm.
Prashant Bhatt, Weekday Programming Head of Colors, said, “With Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi, we are looking forward to extending the love story offerings on Colors that will take the audiences on a whirlwind journey of every emotion associated with friendship and unrequited love. We are happy to collaborate with Ekta Kapoor yet again to put forth a refreshing and unexplored love story. We hope our viewers will revel in this avant-garde story presented to them from the male protagonist’s point of view.”
Emphasising the thought “Even love unreturned has its rainbow” the show vividly traces the journey of Ranveer (Shakti Arora) whose amorous friendship with Ishaani (Radhika Madan) becomes a painful point in his life, as he finds himself unable to confess his undying love for her. Coming from a humble background, Ranveer often finds himself caught between loyalty and love, where unfortunately for him, loyalty takes the front seat. However Ranveer is neither obsessive nor depressed, he conditions his love to a friendship that could carry on forever, with no hope of ever being loved back. Ishaani is a simple girl who believes in love and commitment but is unaware of his affection and hence does not reciprocate Ranveer’s feelings towards her. To her, Ranveer is a best friend, in whom she can confide her secrets and discuss anything under the sun.
Ekta Kapoor from Balaji Telefilms said, “The USP of the show is the emotional journey that the audiences will trace with Ranveer, as his feelings for Ishaani pull at their heartstrings and resonate the empathy that comes with a love that can never be his. Every actor in the show has been carefully chosen for the character they will be portraying, making them the perfect fit as they play crucial roles in taking the storyline forward. Our characters are relatable and if viewers are able to feel the pain that Ranveer feels every time his heart breaks a little more, it will be an ultimate win for us.”
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 619 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 404 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020