Shanghai and New York – BesTV and Sesame Workshop, the non-profit educational organisation behind Sesame Street, announced the debut of Sesame Street episodes across BesTV’s media platforms including IPTV, digital TV and OTT devices. The strategic cooperation not only includes content licensing but also cross-promotional opportunities, digital marketing, and co-development of early childhood educational content and mobile applications.
One of the featured programmes will be Sesame Street’s Big Bird Looks at the World, co-produced with Shanghai Media Group. Targeting 3-7 years old, the series, featuring Muppet friends Big Bird, Elmo and Lily, fosters children’s natural curiosity about nature and science and encourages hands-on exploration as a great way to learn.
“Sesame Workshop has been serving the needs of children in the United States since 1969 and in China since in 1983,” said Shirley Yi Zhu, Sesame Workshop’s Global Vice President and Executive Director China. “As our mission is to help all children reach their highest potential, we are honoured to work with BesTV to offer Sesame Street to its platforms, providing engaging television content, outreach, and games to hundreds of millions of families in China.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 74 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 51 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 48 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020