BBC Worldwide announces international pre-sales for David Beckham documentary
A 1 x 90’ documentary special following global superstar David Beckham on an unforgettable journey through the Amazon rainforest has been pre-sold to 14 countries around the world by BBC Worldwide ahead of its BBC One transmission on June 9.
BBC Worldwide announced on June 8 that it has pre-sold David Beckham Into The Unknown to the following countries: Australia (ABC); Brazil (TV Globo); France (France Televisions); China (Alibaba); Hong Kong (TVB); USA (SHOWTIME®); Norway (NRK); Finland (YLE); Sweden (SVT); Denmark (TV2); Iceland (RUV); Spain (Canal Odisea); Romania and Hungary (Digi Life) and South Africa (BBC Knowledge).
Paul Dempsey, President of Global Markets at BBC Worldwide said, “Ahead of the World Cup, it’s great to see a British footballer enjoying an extended stay in Brazil and we are proud to be taking this unique one-off documentary to audiences around the world.”
David Beckham Into The Unknown follows David and three of his closest friends as they explore and experience the isolation of the Brazilian rainforest on a once in a lifetime expedition. The world knows that David Beckham, one of the most decorated football players of all time, has hung up his professional boots. What the world doesn’t know is that the global superstar recently travelled over 5,000 miles from London to South America, to experience life in the Amazon rainforest.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020