BBC Worldwide announces international pre-sales for David Beckham documentary
A 1 x 90’ documentary special following global superstar David Beckham on an unforgettable journey through the Amazon rainforest has been pre-sold to 14 countries around the world by BBC Worldwide ahead of its BBC One transmission on June 9.
BBC Worldwide announced on June 8 that it has pre-sold David Beckham Into The Unknown to the following countries: Australia (ABC); Brazil (TV Globo); France (France Televisions); China (Alibaba); Hong Kong (TVB); USA (SHOWTIME®); Norway (NRK); Finland (YLE); Sweden (SVT); Denmark (TV2); Iceland (RUV); Spain (Canal Odisea); Romania and Hungary (Digi Life) and South Africa (BBC Knowledge).
Paul Dempsey, President of Global Markets at BBC Worldwide said, “Ahead of the World Cup, it’s great to see a British footballer enjoying an extended stay in Brazil and we are proud to be taking this unique one-off documentary to audiences around the world.”
David Beckham Into The Unknown follows David and three of his closest friends as they explore and experience the isolation of the Brazilian rainforest on a once in a lifetime expedition. The world knows that David Beckham, one of the most decorated football players of all time, has hung up his professional boots. What the world doesn’t know is that the global superstar recently travelled over 5,000 miles from London to South America, to experience life in the Amazon rainforest.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020