Washington, DC – National Geographic Channels International (NGCI) has announced two new World War II co-productions: WWII’s Greatest Raids (6 x 60’) produced by Impossible Factual and distributed by Cineflix Rights, and the special Nazi Death Camp: The Great Escape from Darlow Smithson Productions. Slated to air this fall on NGCI in 171 countries and 45 languages, these shows exemplify the network’s commitment to telling powerful and important stories.
Some of the most astonishing Special Forces operations and other daring assaults changed the tide of history during WWII. WWII’s Greatest Raids uses cutting edge CGI, expert forensic analysis and first-person testimony from the men who made history to capture these incredible stories of strategy, bravery and iron resolve on the battlefield. Nazi Death Camp: The Great Escape offers a riveting account of the bloody break out of Jewish prisoners forced to work as slave labourers at Sobibor, a Nazi Death Camp in Poland, as some of the last remaining survivors shed light on their extraordinary acts of courage and determination.
“NGCI prides itself on presenting gripping accounts of WWII in an authentic and compelling way for our global audiences. These new productions offer a riveting and multifaceted look at WWII – from the soldiers engaged in combat on the front lines to the harrowing stories of prisoners fighting for their lives”, said Hamish Mykura, Executive Vice President and Head of International Content for NGCI.
Announced shows include:
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020