BBC Worldwide Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) Managing Director Jon Penn announced three promotions within his senior team on May 7.
Fiona Lang is to take up the new role of Chief Operating Officer, overseeing corporate advisory and strategic planning, business operations and legal and business affairs including rights management. Formerly the Head of Business and Legal Affairs for the company, Fiona will be working with all business areas, supported by the finance team, to track and improve our overall business performance.
Alistair McEwan is to become the new Director of Advertising Sales & Brand Partnerships, setting up a cross-platform media sales department responsible for all advertising sales and brand partnership sales within the region. In his former role as VP for Advertising Sales ANZ, Alistair oversaw management of BBC.com advertising and sponsorship sales and international advertising sales for BBC World News. His new role will include overseeing BBC Worldwide’s TV advertising sales in ANZ via the relationship with MCN and overseeing BBC Worldwide’s joint venture with Bauer, Park Publishing, for the Top Gear magazine and website.
Irene Read is to become BBC Worldwide ANZ’s Director of TV Sales and will join the company’s Executive Leadership Team. Previously the Head of TV Sales she will now take on full leadership responsibility for the licensing of TV programming and news in ANZ.
Completing the Executive Leadership Team for BBC Worldwide Australia & New Zealand are: Melissa Madden as Director of Brands & Marketing, Rob Leach as Director of Business Development & Consumer Digital, Laura Dumbrell as Head of Communications, Natalie Edgar as Director of Television and Naomi Mourra as Head of HR. Recruitment has commenced for a Director of Finance.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 53 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020