ZooMoo and Starhub launch first kids’ wildlife channel
Singapore – Beach House Pictures and StarHub unveiled the Singapore debut of ZooMoo on StarHub TV, Asia’s first kids channel fully dedicated to wildlife on April 4. Produced in conjunction with sister company NHNZ, and a partnership with Wildlife Reserves Singapore, ZooMoo features puppetry, animation, games, music, puzzles and activities to create a unique viewing and learning experience for little viewers.
The channel was launched together with a fully synchronised second screen application that allows ZooMoo viewers to automatically collect every animal they encounter on the TV screen and bring them to life on their tablet or smart phone. The revolutionary ZooMoo second screen app opens a world of interactive activities, where the tablet becomes an extension of the channel, enhancing the viewing experience. The app is available for free download from the App Store and Google Play.
At the ZooMoo launch
ZooMoo was developed by David Haslingden, former President of Fox Networks Group. In 2012, he identified a gap in the channel market for pre-school-aged children. Leveraging on production companies Beach House Pictures and NHNZ’s rich tradition in natural history programming, he set out to build the world’s first kids channel dedicated to animals.
“Our expertise and passion is all about nature and the natural world. Kids everywhere have a natural affection and interest in these things too – but there were no channels that provided a home for them to experience them. So we came up with ZooMoo – the first ever kids channel devoted entirely to animals. Our audience might be young, but they are already very digital savvy – so we made sure that ZooMoo was also the first channel of any kind to be fully synchronised with an evolving digital game for phones and tablets,” said Haslingden, CEO of ZooMoo Networks.
Lee Meng Tat, Tan Tong Hai and David Haslingden
Tan Tong Hai, Chief Executive Officer of StarHub said: “We are happy to be the first to bring ZooMoo to families in Singapore. With its second screen companion app, ZooMoo provides an interactive experience which is both fun and educational for children and their parents. We don’t just want to delight our customers; we want to inspire them to keep on learning. Hence, we are constantly working with trusted partners such as Beach House Pictures to build up a holistic suite of educational content and services for our customers.”
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 130 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 101 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020