ZooMoo and Starhub launch first kids’ wildlife channel
Singapore – Beach House Pictures and StarHub unveiled the Singapore debut of ZooMoo on StarHub TV, Asia’s first kids channel fully dedicated to wildlife on April 4. Produced in conjunction with sister company NHNZ, and a partnership with Wildlife Reserves Singapore, ZooMoo features puppetry, animation, games, music, puzzles and activities to create a unique viewing and learning experience for little viewers.
The channel was launched together with a fully synchronised second screen application that allows ZooMoo viewers to automatically collect every animal they encounter on the TV screen and bring them to life on their tablet or smart phone. The revolutionary ZooMoo second screen app opens a world of interactive activities, where the tablet becomes an extension of the channel, enhancing the viewing experience. The app is available for free download from the App Store and Google Play.
At the ZooMoo launch
ZooMoo was developed by David Haslingden, former President of Fox Networks Group. In 2012, he identified a gap in the channel market for pre-school-aged children. Leveraging on production companies Beach House Pictures and NHNZ’s rich tradition in natural history programming, he set out to build the world’s first kids channel dedicated to animals.
“Our expertise and passion is all about nature and the natural world. Kids everywhere have a natural affection and interest in these things too – but there were no channels that provided a home for them to experience them. So we came up with ZooMoo – the first ever kids channel devoted entirely to animals. Our audience might be young, but they are already very digital savvy – so we made sure that ZooMoo was also the first channel of any kind to be fully synchronised with an evolving digital game for phones and tablets,” said Haslingden, CEO of ZooMoo Networks.
Lee Meng Tat, Tan Tong Hai and David Haslingden
Tan Tong Hai, Chief Executive Officer of StarHub said: “We are happy to be the first to bring ZooMoo to families in Singapore. With its second screen companion app, ZooMoo provides an interactive experience which is both fun and educational for children and their parents. We don’t just want to delight our customers; we want to inspire them to keep on learning. Hence, we are constantly working with trusted partners such as Beach House Pictures to build up a holistic suite of educational content and services for our customers.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021