Yahoo unveils new video and digital content programming
New York – At the 2014 Digital Content NewFronts on April 28, Yahoo! Inc. unveiled the first of its new original long-form shows, a new partnership with Live Nation for live streaming concerts, the all new Yahoo Travel digital magazine, and new advertising opportunities and measurement capabilities.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, CMO Kathy Savitt, and Ned Brody, head of Americas, presented Yahoo’s vision to make digital video more inspiring and entertaining for consumers and advertisers.
“We are in a time of rapid and dramatic change in how people read and view content online. Our goal is to not only enable the future but also to help invent it,” said Kathy Savitt, CMO of Yahoo. “Yahoo is focused on connecting artists, storytellers, great content producers and brands with the audiences they want – at scale, across devices, every single day.”
Yahoo announced the first two original comedies in its new line-up of long-form shows. The new shows will join the growing collection of award-winning comedy programming available on Yahoo. Each series will launch on Yahoo Screen next year and will deliver 30-minute episodes viewers can enjoy all at once on the Yahoo Screen mobile app, desktop, or in their living rooms on Apple TV and Roku.
From three-time Emmy nominee Paul Feig (Freaks and Geeks, Bridesmaids, The Office),Other Space is a galactic adventure set in the early 22nd century, when the human race has mapped most of the known universe, failed to find alien life, and frankly gotten a little tired of the whole thing. A spaceship on a routine collection mission stumbles into the greatest discovery in history: an alternate universe, far stranger and way more dangerous than ours. Now the ship’s crew – a collection of overmatched rookies, feuding siblings, burned-out veterans and obsolete robots – has to explore this new universe to try and find a way back home alive. (8 half-hour episodes)
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 73 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 68 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 62 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 59 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020