Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) and PT. Digital Media announced on April 22 the launch of VIVA+, a brand new prepaid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite service utilising multiple Ku-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 at 100.5 degrees East to serve the fast-growing Indonesian pay DTH market.
The new DTH offering will initially consist of 2 HD and 35 SD channels including the “9 Ultimate World Cup Channels” dedicated to broadcast the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Brazil from June 12 to July 13. The package includes a wide range of Indonesian and international television channels, from entertainment, news, sports, to children and religious programmes.
VIVA+ intends to offer additional channels to enhance viewers’ viewing experience and to meet the diverse needs of potential subscribers for high quality content.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 263 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 77 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021