Thailand’s Channel 3 launches enhanced weather programmes
Bangkok – Thailand’s free-to-air broadcaster, Channel 3, launched a series of enhanced weather programmes using MetraWeather’s Weatherscape XT weather graphics and data management system on April 25.
MetraWeather has partnered with Bangkok based company Raydant International, to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date weather and environmental data for Thailand. This data is sourced from the Thailand Meteorological Department and the National Disaster Warning Centre. It also draws on Raydant’s own high resolution computer models and MetraWeather’s state-of-the-art forecast production systems.
In response to an ever-increasing public demand for accurate and local weather and environmental information, Channel 3 has been steadily expanding the frequency and sophistication of its weather reporting.
Commenting on the launch, Channel 3’s Executive Vice President, Sumran Chatto said, “Channel 3 takes the reporting of local and extreme weather very seriously and we are delighted to be deploying the Weatherscape XT system. This launch adds a new dimension to the news and information services that Channel 3’s audience has come to rely on.”
Channel 3’s Senior Vice President of Technology, Ongart Phothivorn further added, “We are providing real-time environmental information that has the potential to cause disruption and communicating that to our viewers so they can be better prepared. The potential benefits are enormous and Channel 3 is proud to be a leader in introducing this enabling technology.”
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 75 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 68 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 63 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 60 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020